This delicate sculpture in patinated plaster was made by the artist Joseph Rivière (1912-1961) as a study for the original statue “Les combattants”. The socket is in blackened painted wood. The original of this monumental statue by Rivière can be found in the village of Charmes (Vosges, Grand Est). It was executed in 1952 by the artist himself. Height: 45 cms. Condition: Good, considering age.